– The Ultra Ebike conversions kit is super easy to install because all components are Bluetooth connected, meaning less cables than other e-bike conversion kits. It is also a front wheel power system, which is another quick-install feature.
– Unlike most electric bike conversion kits, Ultra does away with sensors to drive trains and brakes, so once fitted, Ultra Ebike still looks and feels like an ordinary bike.
– The Ultra battery is disguised as a ‘water bottle’ so the kit is very subtle and therefore less likely to be stolen than most other e-bikes, and we do away with the unsightly, bulky and sometimes bizarre battery designs offered on other ebike conversion kits (i.e. we mention no leading brand, but it’s certainly not ideal to mount a heavy ‘battery pouch’ on handlebars.)
– The Ultra intelligent assist system is unique technology which is the result of over 5 years of development. The auto assist system has a on-board 6-Axis gyro which automatically delivers the correct power assistance based on the speed, acceleration, ride slope, and the user options set in the App. When the rider brakes the system senses the decrease of speed and reduces power accordingly. And when the rider wants to increase speed the system will sense the increased pedaling and deliver more power. If selected, the system will automatically deliver more power on uphill, and shut down the motor when on a downhill run.
– Ultra front wheel hub drive and mid-frame battery mounting position means better front/rear weight distribution.
– Power through front wheel makes your bike an ‘all-wheel-drive’ bike, which improves traction.
– With its 250W motor and a number of other function features, the Ultra ebike kit is completely road legal when used correctly.
– The Ultra e-bike kit iOS and Android App make rider preferences and ride data analysis easy.
Overall, regardless of which conversion kit you go for, we think it makes much more environmental and financial sense to choose to convert the bike you already own above a purpose built e-bike.
Yes, most likely…
The Ultra Ebike conversion kit is always compatible with bikes that have forks with 10mm axle drop-out slots (which is the majority of bikes).
If you have a 9mm and/or through-axle, then you will need a fork replacement to get your bike Ultra ready.
The Ultra wheel is not ‘quick-release’, and not compatible with some folding bikes.
700c racer = 25-622
700c hybrid = 32-622
29er MTB = 54-622
27.5 = 50-584
26” = 50-559
24” = 50-507
20” = 40-406
Yes, Ultra wheel fits both V brakes and disc brakes.
With Ultra Ebike there is no physical sensor or cables to brakes. The kit senses braking using its 6 axis gyro and on-board brain which monitors parameters such as deceleration, angular velocity, current drain, voltage, and riding speed. It can sense braking and shut down the motor within 10ms (0.01 second).
Most bikes have 100mm dropout spacing but to make sure, follow these steps: remove the existing front wheel and use a ruler to gauge the distance of the insides of the fork legs between the dropouts where the axle fits.
The size of the wheel is written on the sidewall of your tyre.
250W front motorised wheel, water-bottle-battery with integrated gyro control system mounting bracket, battery charger, brake disc (if required), PAS sensor, handlebar phone mount bracket, instruction booklet, and all the tools and washers you will need for an easy installation. Free app from app store.
Ultra Ebike smart assist system is a special assist system not available on other ebike kits.
Ultra Ebike intelligent assist system provides automatic power assistance based on the speed, acceleration, slope of the road, and the user assist level preference set in the APP. It will deliver power when it senses acceleration and decrease the power when braking. The system will sense inclines, increase the power when going uphill and shut down the motor when going downhill.
The user sets the desired assist level and the kit will provide the corresponding power automatically according to varying road parameters and user preferences. For example: Setting the assist level to 40% means the motor will provide 40% of the power, and the rider needs to provide 60% of the power. So if you want to ride easily, you can set the assist level to 90%, then you just need to pedal lightly providing 10% of the power.
After setting the assist grade, the wheel will assist automatically.
The kit works without a phone, the on-board smart assist system kicks-in based on last user settings, however, you will need a smartphone and the App to initialise the system, calibrate the bike, set your user preferences, to occasionally update the software and to pair with the PAS.
We can supply a conversion bracket to solve this. Available here in our shop.
No – The app can only be set to road legal maximum assist speed of 25km/h
Yes. You can either switch the kit off and even remove the battery, or set the kit to 0 assistance and ride the bike as you normally would.
Yes, just plug into the USB port in the top of the Ultra battery.
The Ultra motor has a road legal 250W power output via it’s DC brushless high speed gear motor.
The Ultra motor has an output of 30N.m torque.
Approximately 2-3 hours from a standard AC wall plug. A charger is included in the kit.
The motor is not a regenerative motor. Ultra wheel uses a clutch which creates no resistance, making it as easy as riding a normal bike when the battery is dead or if the rider chooses to switch off assistance and ride normally.
Yes, carry a spare charged battery to extend your range! Available here in our shop.
When used in accordance with the instructions the Ultra kit complies with UK road legal regulations:
– Motor power 250W
– Max speed default 15.5 mph / 25kmh
– PAS device allows power only when pedalling
– Sensor cuts power when braking
– Power engages only above 6km/h
– Continuous rated power not exceeding 1kw
– Age restricted minimum age 14yo
If used in accordance with ‘Intended Use’ and looked after properly, the battery has a life of 900 ~1000* charge cycles.
Ultra Ebike kits use EV 18650 lithium-ion battery cells of class A quality. The lifetime of the battery is very high. 75% ~ 80% capacity remains after 1,000 cycles. So in normal use it can last up to 5 years.
*Note: The definition of one cycle is a battery charge from 0 to 100% and discharged fully. For example, if you charge the battery from 0 to 50% and discharge it to 0, that is 0.5 cycle.
Service life of motor is around 10 years.
Guaranteed against faulty components for 1 year.
The material of the hub and the wheel is Aluminum alloy.
The Bluetooth display fits all standard 22.2mm bars
Most flat handlebars have a diameter of 22.2mm
Most drop bars and bull horn bars found on race bikes have a wider diameter and will need a gadget extender to fit the bluetooth throttle.